Chaos Crew

Chaos Crew

Monday, May 12, 2008

USDAA at Brighton


We did the Brighton USDAA trial on Sunday only.

There were three runs and though we only Q'd 1/3, I was very happy with the runs. The day started cold with the grass soaked from the sprinklers having been run overnight. There was even a 1/4" of ice on the tarps. My first run was Standard, and we had a nice run with 1 dropped bar, so NQ, but our time was good (2nd fastest of all Advanced & P2 dogs).

We then did Snooker, and I ran that conservatively in regards to points because Skye was the only 22" P2 dog. We got the Q.

Last for the day was Jumpers and that run went great, though a bar came down on this run too, so NQ. I even got a comment from my instructor that I handled it nicely. I would like to blame the bars on the fact that it was our first trial on grass since last fall, that the grass was thick, that we have to jump 22", and that the moon was out in the middle of the day.

The other highlight of the day was that I got to run Lorrie's Storm in the same three runs, as Storm runs in Advanced at 22". Stormy Q'd in Standard, and I think in Jumpers. We missed the Snooker Q as I ran off too fast and she went behind me for an offcourse jump.

Greg & Skyeboy

No comments: