Chaos Crew

Chaos Crew

Friday, July 31, 2009

Rip jumps 26"



It's likely that Rip's official height measurement will be somewhere over 21". In USDAA, this puts him in the tallest group of dogs where he would jump 26" in the championship division. I already have Skye in the Performance division, so I do want to compete with Rip in Championship. This is his first time trying any jumps over 22". He knocked a few bars as could be expected, but generally he did great and looks natural jumping that high.

I have also realized that we have an issue with running through a "box" of jumps. Rip wants to veer off and take the offcourse jump even though I am signaling him to continue straight through. We will have to work on this.

Rip's first trial is in a DOCNA show this weekend - I expect that he will do fine.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Can't wait to see Rip's first trial videos! He's such a fun dog to watch. I'm sure he'll do great.

26 inches seems really high, heck 16 seems high to me...but Rip didn't seem to notice.