Chaos Crew

Chaos Crew

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Rip gains a little weight


I weighed Rip today and he is just under 39lbs. Thats good because he was a little thin when he came to us about two weeks ago, so he's put on 3 or 4 lbs since he got here. His brother Kelty weighed about 48 lbs a month ago - a big boy. I will see if I can locate the picture of his brother.

So Rip certainly enjoys breakfast and dinnertime and eats very fast. You can see that he's making sure we didn't leave any kibbles behind in this bag...


I've been teaching him to "perch", first on an upside down food bowl, and then on a plastic box that is about 6" high. I want him comfortable stepping up on things, such as when I am asking for the teeter bang. Boy is this pup smart. It took him all of about 15 seconds to figure out what I wanted him to do, and on our second session I could already get him to perch and move all the way around to the left or right while staying on the perch.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Wow! You're going to have to bring out the tricks book to keep up with him. Maybe he can learn to open the cooler and get water for us all at the trials! ;-)