Chaos Crew

Chaos Crew

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Rip 2x2 weaves, day 15

After being away for 4 days, I was curious to see how Rip would do on his weaves today. A camera malfunction prevented me from getting the session on tape unfortunately. He did really great for his on-side weaves, and probably hit 6 out of 7.

On the other hand, he again really struggled with the offside entries. He got maybe 1 of 6. I felt really bad because his energy level dropped as the misses piled up. Instead of continuing to push it, I played ball with him and got him excited to play indoors. Then I took out a single set of 2x2's and had him hit those about 4 times indoors and he got them no problem.

For his misses, he is just not collecting and seeking out the first poles. He is running around them and going to the second set and looking for the ball throw. So, I will probably have to reinforce the offside entries with the 2 poles a couple more days until I ask him for them again on the 4 poles. For onside, I will let him do those as he is really getting it.

No comments: