Chaos Crew

Chaos Crew

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Rip 2x2 weaves update again

No video to show for now, but we've been working at getting drive out of the 6 poles.
I've done a number of "easy" straight on entries with a set of 6 straight poles, along with doing some fast-drive work through 6 offset 2x2's to build up more speed. I want Rip to be confident and fast when he sees the weaves, and though I would like to move to 12 poles faster, I dont want 12 slow or methodical poles, so its time for more drive.

We are still working two sets of 6 with about 6 feet separating them. I want to get to the point where he is always looking for the second set of 6 poles after coming out of the first set before squeezing them together. When I tried a couple times on a full set, it just seemed overwhelming to him, as he was missing entries and would come out half way.

We have also been working on changing up the location quite a bit. We are fortunate enough to have many different sets of weaves here, so he's got a set of 2x2's in the front yard, a full set of 12 in the front yard that I separate for him, and we have two more sets of 12, one separated and one whole in the agility field.

I've also been making sure to hit weaves both indoors and outdoors.

So this is probably sessions 23 ,24 and 25.

No comments: